Do you shy away from wearing sleeveless tops and dresses because of the dark skin on your underarms? Although having dark underarms is quite common, people often hesitate to talk about this and ignore the problem.
The best thing to be done about this is using natural home remedies by combining baking soda with natural ingredients like oils, milk, juices, etc. It might sound strange, but baking soda carries substantial benefits for your skin. Because it is alkaline in nature, baking soda balances the pH levels of your skin.
Yep, you read that right. Often used for cooking and baking, baking soda is becoming more and more popular as a natural remedy. This is a versatile ingredient that offers a variety of beauty benefits. It acts as a gentle exfoliator that can remove dead skin cells from your skin’s surface. It also has bleaching properties that can even out your skin tone and acts as an antioxidant to help protect your skin.
1. Baking Soda and Lemon
You Will Need:
- 2 tsp baking soda
- Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- Mix 2 teaspoons of baking soda with lemon juice to form a smooth paste.
- Apply this mixture on your underarms by massaging in circular motions for a few minutes.
- Leave the paste on for 5-10 minutes and let it dry.
- Rinse the paste off with warm water.
2-3 times a week
2. Baking Soda And Coconut Oil
You Will Need:
- 2 tbsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Combine the baking soda and coconut oil to get a thick paste.
- Using circular motions, apply this paste on your underarms.
- Leave the mixture on your skin for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse the paste off.
2-3 times a week.
3. Baking Soda And Apple Cider Vinegar
You Will Need:
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Cotton pad
- Combine all the ingredients above until you get a smooth mixture. If there are bubbles, wait until they settle.
- Make sure your underarms are clean and dry.
- Apply the mixture on your underarms using a clean cotton pad and leave it on for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water.
3-4 times a week.
Additional Skin Benefits Of Baking Soda
Removes acne scars. When your skin gets clogged with dead skin, oil or bacteria, there will be tiny pimples on the surface called acne. If acne is not treated properly, some marks and scars may be left behind. Use a baking soda and water to make a paste to remove these scars from your face.
Make the paste thick enough so that it can be easily applied to your skin. Baking soda has the ability to exfoliate the scarred skin and reveal a fresh layer. Apply this paste a couple of times a day, and leave it on for 3-4 minutes and then wash off.
Soothes skin rashes. Baking soda has properties that are anti – inflammatory and antibacterial. Because of its alkaline properties, baking soda can dry your skin, and can provide with relief from itching and swelling that comes with skin rashes.
Mix baking soda with coconut oil and apply the mixture for a few minutes. For optimal results, apply this twice a day.
Treats yeast infection. Candida fungus or yeast infection can easily breeds in places and areas such as the the mouth, intestinal tract, throat, or genitals. Baking soda can help with the treatment of this infection because of its amazing properties such as alkalinity, pH balance capacity and anti-fungal properties.
If you are suffering from yeast infection consume about half a teaspoon of baking soda and simply mix it with a glass of water. Do this every day for about 10-15 days. Also, you can make a paste with baking soda and water. Apply it on your skin for 2-4 minutes and then wash off.
Remedy for sunburn. If your skin has been very itchy due to sun damage, it is best to reach out to bake soda because it has a cooling effect. Mix baking soda and cold water to make a paste, apply it to the affected area and then wash it off.
Skin tan. Baking soda can help in removing your skin tan. Make a paste by combining a teaspoon of baking soda with water and vinegar. Leave it on for 5-10 minutes on your skin. Depending on how severe the skin tan is, repeat it once or twice a week.