When it comes to your baby, every parent wants only the best. Taking care of your babies is a full time job and a top priority, and that doesn’t just include the foods they eat. Taking care of your babies also means quality and healthy baby wipes that won’t cause any rashes and infections.
Often, wipes you buy in the store may be filled with harmful ingredients, thus, it’s critical that you take the time to learn what ingredients are safe. So, why don’t you make your own baby wipes with safe and organic ingredients. Not only is it cheaper, but you have complete control of what ingredients and chemicals you are putting on your baby. You might want to make your own baby wipes if you want to save money. The process is quick and straightforward, and the ingredients are cheap. You may even have most of the ingredients at home!
The cost of store-bought baby wipes can add up because babies go through a lot of baby wipes. This is a huge saving considering that you can spend up to five dollars on a box of wipes. These wipes smell so good, they are soft, and there are no harsh chemicals in them.
Here is what you need:
- Bounty Paper Towels (nonchlorinated)
- Airtight Container with lid
- Organic Coconut Oil
- Castile Soap
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Serrated Knife
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cups
- 3 Cups of boiled Water
- 2 Tbsp Castile Soap
- 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 6 drops Lavender Oil
You may also choose to add 5-6 drops of chamomile essential oil. Chamomile can fight rashes and prevent them from cropping up in the first place. Additionally, chamomile’s gentle scent will help promote happy and calm atmosphere for your baby.
How to make Baby Wipes:
Organic paper towels are the first ingredient for these baby wipes. Be sure they’re nonchlorinated because you certainly don’t want this added chemical seeping into the baby’s skin. What is also important, the paper towels must be thick. The cheap thin ones will only fall apart when you will use them.
- Cut the paper towels in half with a serrated knife , width-wise.
- Take out the cardboard roll center.
- Place paper towels in the airtight container.
- Boil 3 cups of water.
- Add castile soap, coconut oil, lavender essential oil and chamomile essential oil.
- Pour the mixture over the paper towels–saturate them completely.
- And you are done!
Alternative recipes for organic baby wipes!
- 1 roll of bamboo paper towels
- 1 cup of witch hazel
- 1 teaspoon of organic aloe vera
- few drops lavender essential oil (optional)
- Cut all bamboo paper towels into four squares. Mix the organic aloe vera and witch hazel in a glass jar.
- Stack the wipes evenly in a large glass bowl and pour the aloe vera and witch hazel mixture over them. The liquid needs to be fully absorbed.
- Place the baby wipes in a large ziplock bag and they are ready to use.
- 1 1/4 – 1 1/2 cups of distilled water
- 1 tbsp of liquid castile soap
- 1 tbsp of aloe vera gel
- 1 tbsp of witch hazel
- 1/2 tbsp of sweet almond oil
- 10 drops of grapefruit seed extract
- 10-15 drops of your favorite essential oil (tea tree and lavender)
- 1 roll strong paper towels
- Storage container
- Cut the roll of paper towels in half
- Place one half of the roll in a container.
- In a small bowl, mix the water, castile soap, aloe vera, witch hazel, grapefruit extract, and olive oil.
- Add the essential oils and and mix well.
- Saturate the towels by slowly pouring the mixture.
- Make sure the towels are completely wet with the mixture.
- Use as you would any other regular baby wipes.
- 4 cups of water, boiled and then cooled
- 3 tablespoons of organic olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of Dr. Bronner’s Castile Soap
- 3 teaspoons of pure aloe vera
Pour all the ingredients into a large bowl or a jar and mix well, then pour the mixture into a bottle. You can use a properly cleaned shampoo bottle.
If the olive oil rises to the top of the bottle, don’t worry, it’s only normal. Give it a shake before you use it, then apply the mixture on a cloth wipes and clean your baby the right way. It’s easy to create, and it smells great!