The skin on our body contains millions of pores, even though most of them are not visible to the human eye. And naturally, all of these pores are open, allowing the skin to breathe. Any skin type, it doesn’t matter if it’s oily, normal, or dry, can have large, open pores. And when they’re clogged with dirt, bacteria, oil, or dead skin cells., you skin may appear appalling.
We all want our skin to be perfect, but we know it’s just a wishful thinking. Skin woes are a common problem that all women are dealing with, so we use many layers of makeup to get the look we want.
Pores are your skin’s structural part that can not be removed under any circumstance. However, if they are constantly obstructed, they can get wider and deeper, and you need to prevent that with any means necessary. With the right treatments, you can minimize their appearance and effectively shrink them back to their normal state.
Despite the makeup, the open pores on our skin still surfaces. So let’s talk about what it means, but also provide some home remedies for you to get rid of these open pores.
What Are Open Pores?
Open skin pores can be described as small pit-like pores that appear in combination to oily skin. Having these open pores even on young people, can make your face look dull and old. Pores can also accumulate dirt and become clogged which can cause an outbreak of pimples, blackheads, and excess production of sebum. Enlarged pores can become a serious reason for concern.
What Can Cause Open Pores on Skin?
Many factors can contribute towards this skin condition:
- Sun exposure – Sun exposure can causes damage to skin’s collagen and drastically reduce the skin’s elasticity.
- Genetics – This is probably a top cause for enlarged pores.
- Age – It’s only natural that over time skin cells lose collagen and eventually lead to enlarged pores.
- Excessive oil secretion – Excessive secretion from the sebaceous glands can create clogged pores.
- Hygiene – Make sure to wash your face regularly, if not, you may have open pores.
- Makeup – Using too much makeup is always dangerous, because it prevents the skin from breathing and creates clogged pores.
- Cosmetics and facial scrubs – Some face scrubs and cosmetics can also reduce the skin’s elasticity and create open pores.
- Hormonal changes – Changes in the hormones can increase oil secretion that can lead to open pores.
- Excessive sweating – Sweat attracts dirt, and dirt clogs pores.
- Smoking – The chemical residue of cigarettes can create a build-up that opens pores wide.
- Improper diet – Overeating fried food and fast food in general can increase sebum production.
It should be a huge part of your skin and beauty regimen to keep your pores unclogged and tight. Large pores can ruin your look as they are unpleasant to look at most of the time, which is why people with open pores try to solve the problem as quickly as possible. In this article, we have a few home remedies that work wonder. They will no only reduce, but diminish the pores effectively and cheaply.
Aloe Vera gel
Apply the Aloe vera gel on your face and let it stay overnight. In the morning, rinse with warm water. The Aloe gel will remove any excess oil and dirt from your skin, and keep it hydrated in the process.
Apple cider vinegar – a natural skin toner
Mix 5 tablespoons of water with a 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and pour the mixture in a spray bottle. Spray it on your face, let it dry and afterwards apply moisturizer. This powerful toner can fight infections, but also regulate the skin’s pH level, and reduce the enlarged pores.
Egg white mask
This amazing mask with reduce the pores and also tighten the skin.
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp of oatmeal
Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and apply the mixture on your face and let it stay for about 20-30 minutes. Rinse with cold water and you are done. You can use this mask daily to get the wanted results.
Mix water and baking soda to form a paste. Apply it on your face and massage it gently for about a minute and rinse with water. You can use this mixture once or twice a week. Using the paste daily can seriously dry out your skin. Using it properly can also help you get rid of acne as well.