There is a popular saying, ‘an apple a day, keeps the doctor away’. This is because one apple is full of many nutrients. This fruit is very popular all around the world for its nutritional values.
But did you know that apple peel is just as nutritious as the pulp? Apple’s skin is stuffed with multiple health and skin benefits. It makes an ideal meal for someone who wants to quickly reduce excess body weight.
Benefits Of Apple Peel
1. While vitamin A is excellent for the skin and eyesight, vitamin C is the best nutrient to strengthen the immune system. Also the same vitamin is very good for skin health. Apple peel is also rich in vitamin K and folates.
2. Eating an apple with its peel is a good way to increase your intake of minerals. Apple peel contains important minerals like calcium, potassium, phosphorus, folate and iron, according to the University of Illinois. To maintain strong bones and teeth, your body uses minerals such as calcium and phosphorus. Additionally, the apple peel contains an adequate amount of zinc, sodium, and magnesium.
3. Apple peel is an important edible fiber source. About two-thirds of the fiber of the apple is in the skin alone. The fiber presence makes it an ideal fruit for weight loss. It targets the body’s fat tissues to melt down and effectively cleans the immune system.
4. The peels of apples are the greatest natural source of antioxidants. If you’re looking for a fruit that tops photochemical antioxidants like phenolic acid and flavonoid, pick up an apple. The antioxidants act as a protector against impurities, free radicals and molecules that are destructive. The apple peel effectively triggers free radicals that often lead to health disorders being brunched. Therefore it is extremely important to eat an apple daily to resist diseases such as heart attack and diabetes.
5. Amazing apple aroma. Forget those expensive plug-in air fresheners that are often clothingly scented. Simmer on the stove a handful of apple peels to simulate the fresh-baked apple pie scent. Simply place the peels in a water saucepan and add a stick of cinnamon. It’s a great way to get rid of pet and spicy food odors in your house.
Additional Benefits Of Apple
Apples Can Be Good For Weight Loss
Apples are high in water and fiber. People who ate apple slices before a meal felt more full in one study than those who ate applesauce, apple juice or no apple products at all. Apples are more filling as they are less energy-dense but still supply fiber and volume. In addition, certain natural compounds may promote weight loss.
Apples Can Help Prevent High Blood Pressure
There is overwhelming evidence that diet can be attributed to half of the incidences of cardiovascular disease and hypertension. Since apples are high in potassium, a mineral that helps to control blood pressure, they can help lower the risk of stroke.
Aid In Digestion
A large apple provides 20% of the daily recommended dietary fiber intake, according to the USDA National Nutrient Database. Fibers help to improve the digestive process. Regular fiber intake ensures smooth bowel movements and constipation, diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and other stomach disorders to be prevented.
Whiter, Healthier Teeth
Apples won’t replace your toothbrush, but biting and chewing an apple boosts your mouth’s saliva production, reducing tooth decay by lowering bacteria levels. This is the one thing that causes most problems with teeth.
Apples Can Help Reduce Cholesterol
A medium apple supplies five grams more fiber than most cereals. They are also packed with pectin, a soluble, cholesterol-reducing fiber. Pectin prevents the build-up of cholesterol in the walls of the blood vessel, thereby reducing the risk of atherosclerosis and heart disease.
Helps With Anemia
Apples are useful as they contain iron in relieving symptoms and treating anemia. Apples not only prevent anemia but also ensure the proper oxygenation of essential organ systems by increasing the number of red blood cells in the body. This results in increased blood circulation and organ systems functioning properly.
Boost Immune System
Apples rich in vitamin C, antioxidant compounds and protein may play a major role in weakness prevention, immunity boosting, and muscle tone improvement. They also help the body to be detoxified and the overall health improved.